Are you the sheep with the 5 legs? Than we are looking for you as Product owner at Transsmart!
Would you like to work at thé European provider of Cloud Delivery Management Software? Transsmart in Tilburg is growing fast and that’s why we’re looking for a product owner with a technical/commercial (or logistical) background. Would you like to help us realizing our international growth ambitions?
What you will be doing at Transsmart
As a product owner, you are responsible for managing one of the two product teams, reporting to the product manager. In this case the product team who is responsible for all customer facing product developments. This team works on different aspects of our platform from a user perspective. Some example topics are the creation of multiple Self Service functionalities and developing carrier status feedback from pull to push.
The components you will be working on with the team are our dashboard MyTranssmart, the API for the integrations with our customers and integration partners, and platform wide features like calculation of transport tariffs, track and trace functionality and address validation services.
As a product owner you:
- Investigate the needs of our customers for our products. Both regarding new products and improvement of existing products and features.
- Clearly define and detail product backlog items together with your team.
- Prioritize the items in the product backlog to best achieve the expected product features and quality.
- Ensure that the product backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the scrum team will work on next.
- Ensure the product team understands items in the product backlog to the level needed.
- Optimize the product teams developments deliveries and added value.
The product owner may do the above work or have the product team do it. However, the product owner remains accountable.
The Product owner will work closely with all relevant stakeholders to make sure the priorities set are correct for the product and the company as a whole. Key stakeholders include:
- Our customers! In the end of the day that is where it is about. Our products should support our customers in the delivery process and add value to them in different ways.
- The product team members (the product owner is a member of the Team), in which the Product owner represents the business and the customer. The product owner is available to the rest of the team to answer questions and takes part in team ceremonies. Members of the team exists of software engineers, solution architects and supply chain consultants.
- The product manager, with whom the product owner coordinates the product backlog with the product manager’s product roadmap.
- Marketing, with whom the Product owner will prepare and support the communication and marketing of the delivered product.
- Sales Executives, from whom the Product owner captures customer specific needs as well as generic demands on product development.
- Implementation, with whom the product owner shares knowledge about the product in order to implement the product as simple as possible.
- Support, with whom the product owner shares knowledge about the product so it is easy to maintain and easy to use.
The product owner is, within the product area, responsible for:
- Monitoring of market trends, competition and customer needs.
- Meeting customers, gathering feedback, and making sure appropriate actions and development initiatives are taken.
- Evaluating completed tasks and development efforts, making sure the expected value impact is achieved. Evaluation should be done using relevant, distinct and measurable KPI’s; taking both internal and external value into account.
- Being the primary point of contact to external stakeholders.
- Communication about current and planned development activities to the rest of the company as well as to external stakeholders.
- Product releases according to the product release process, including contribution to release notes and internal demos.
- Knowledge sharing throughout the organization, with extra focus on the Implementation and Support functions.
- Monitoring of overall resource allocation in relation to the roadmap and expectations from stakeholders.
- Driving continuous improvement to make sure the product delivers maximal value to customers over time.
- Giving input to pricing and product packaging.
We are looking for a colleague who first enjoys moving in a market with wholesale, manufacturing, e-commerce and logistics services (e-fulfilment) companies. In addition, you have passion for user experience, customer processes and delivering products to the market. Together with your experience in transport/logistics processes, your technical skills and experience with agile methods & scrum you are able to make a difference.
You have University degree (B.Sc. or M.Sc.) and 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience (with a shipper, carrier or IT company). Preferably you have already gained experience in a similar role. Frequent contact with customers and your team members gives you energy and you have a great interest in both the human and technical aspects of this role. You are by nature a spontaneous personality that communicates easily. You are a fire starter and have documented experience of managing and developing people ánd teams. A healthy portion of perseverance and an analytical insight combined with a sense of humor is appreciated by everyone.
Because the pace is high, we assume that you feel at home in a dynamic environment and that you use your personality and skills to make your team excel in a positive and constructive way. In short, you’re not going to go crazy!
What do we offer you?
A young, personal and dynamic organization in which you get a lot of freedom and where your own initiative is expected. We understand that we work in a very specific area, so you will be trained by all stakeholders. Within the company there is an informal atmosphere. Of course, your work will be rewarded with an excellent market-based package of working conditions that are adapted to your (work) experience.
Transsmart (www.transsmart.com) is part of the Unifaun family (www.unifaun.com), leader in cloud delivery management software in the Nordic market. We have offices in the Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark and Poland. Together, the group serves more than 100,000 customers worldwide and processes approximately 400 million packages in our systems every year.
Transsmart is paired with more than 400 postal, parcel and pallet carriers, offering over 5,000 different carrier services. We currently process more than 50 million envelopes, parcels and pallets each year. Most customers are based in the Benelux, Germany and the UK and together they send to and from more than 150 countries worldwide.
We would like to get in touch with you! As a fast-growing international organization, we (naturally) love diversity and make absolutely no distinction when it comes to origin, skin color or orientation. It is your personality that makes the difference in our already international and diverse team!
You can apply via the application button below. In addition to your CV, we find a short and concise letter of motivation important. Do you have any questions? Feel free to contact Maarten Tops (product manager) via 0031 6 15 30 03 65.